JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Part Time 21 hours per week with some flexibility)
$13.00 for a fully qualified person,
Open until Filled
Job Title: Office Assistant FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Office Assistant performs a variety of clerical services including word processing, mailing, filing, assembling and presenting information, and the reception of telephone calls and visitors.
The Office Assistant reports to the Administrative Assistant and is under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
A fully qualified typist is required;
Good organizational skills;
Knowledge of English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and required formats sufficient to recognize and correct such errors in publications;
Knowledge of Windows 10 or current Windows operating system and Microsoft Office Suite Professional including Excel, Publisher, and Word. Knowledge of the process of importing graphics, “clip art,” and photographs and combining these with text. Knowledge and skill to receive and transmit electronic mail and update an electronic calendar;
Knowledge of ACS People and Contributions;
General knowledge of the office routine and procedures sufficient to receive and refer phone calls and visitors to staff members;
Knowledge of a range of common clerical practices and procedures sufficient to file and assemble material and obtain data and information from files or from individuals, and to copy, fax, and scan documents;
Knowledge of USPS bulk mailing procedures;
Ability to speak clearly and maintain positive working relationships with staff and members of the congregation;
Ability to maintain the strictest confidences concerning parishioners, staff, and situations.
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- Assembles information for and produces a draft or final copies of assigned portions of the newsletter such as the lists of each month’s birthdays and anniversaries, and list of gifts and memorials. This includes making follow up calls to members and staff to obtain required or missing information.
- Prepares and maintains the building use calendar, in cooperation with the Building Use Committee. Invoices groups that pay rent, and keeps records of payments received.
- Coordinates office volunteers for routine receptionist assistance on Tuesday mornings, and for special tasks such as newsletter mailing preparation or assembling the annual church directory.
- Maintains adequate inventory of educational supplies for specific classes.
- Prepares the draft of the annual church directory, maintaining address changes. Coordinates with the Administrative Assistant for proofing and printing.
- Prepares weekly lesson sheets for lectors at worship services, and mails or emails them in a timely manner.
- Prepares the Leadership Manual for the annual Church Council retreat in January.
- Extracts from the weekly attendance sheets the names and contact information for all visitors. Sends cards to acknowledge their visit.
- Receives telephone calls, greets visitors and refers them to other staff members or records information received.
- Fills in for the Administrative Assistant during absences.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants are those who can demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of this job
The individual selected for this position must agree to a background check, and also agree to the ‘No Smoking’ policy on the church campus. You will be required to provide documents proving that you are eligible to work in the United States and to complete a Federal I-9 form. There is an initial probationary period of 90 days. You must demonstrate full knowledge of the work of this position to continue in the position.
This position does not offer employee benefits. As a church, St. Matthew’s is not required to pay unemployment compensation taxes; therefore, persons who separate for any reason may not qualify for state unemployment benefits. Employees of St. Matthew’s are covered by Workers’ Compensation.
Your interest in this position is demonstrated by your willingness and ability to submit a complete application package.
Questions regarding this job announcement may be directed to:
Richard Williams, 910-395-6305.
How to Apply
You may download an application or you may apply online by clicking on the corresponding button below.